Attorney Steven M. Zelman – Of Counsel
Steven M. Zelman, is Of Counsel to the firm.
Steven has represented multi-national corporations in commercial litigation before state and federal courts. He knows how to handle probate administration and estate planning in ways that best serve his clients’ needs and goals. Clients appreciate his empathy and his ability to bring successful outcomes at times of high emotional distress. Prompt efficient attention to family issues in a time of loss is Steven’s paramount concern. The legal community, including judges and other attorneys, frequently call on Steven to speak on a variety of probate issues, estate administration and commercial litigation.
Attorney Zelman has more than 20 years of experience as a Judge of Probate. Currently he serves as the Judge for the Tobacco Valley Probate Court which covers the towns of Bloomfield, East Granby, Suffield, and Windsor Locks. In January, 2012, Steven was appointed as Administrative Judge of the Hartford Regional Children’s Court which covers 26 Greater Hartford towns. His other appointments and accomplishments include:
- Eastern District Council of the Commercial Law League of America
- Admitted to practice in Massachusetts, the District Court for Connecticut and the United States Supreme Court
- Current member of the Connecticut Bar Association
- Current member of the National College of Probate Judges
- Past chairperson of the education committee of the Connecticut Probate Assembly
- Member of the Standing Committee in Probate Rules
- Member of the Alumni Council of the University of Connecticut Alumni Association
- Past Selectman of the Town of Bloomfield
Steven has also testified before the Connecticut Legislature on issues involving probate administration.
Experienced Counsel with Family Dynamics Sensitivity
“My experience enables me to counsel clients on probate issues and estate planning and settlement with sensitivity to their family dynamics. I’d be happy to talk to you about your legal concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly at 860-674-8296 x 116.”